Amalia completed her Bachelor of Oral Health at Melbourne Uni in 2008.
Working in at the school dental service, in private practice and here at MOG, Amalia gets plenty of opportunity to follow her passionâ€¦â€ťI love clean mouths and I love educating people on how to prevent oral disease. I also really love teaching people/kids how to cope through tricky dental appointments.â€ť
Amalia also loves travelling and learning Portuguese and is excitedly waiting for the next World Cup in Brazil!
So we asked Amalia a few personal questions to find out what makes her tick!
- What was the defining moment that lead to your decision to work in oral health?
Apart from having everyone tease me about my gappy teeth nearly my whole life….I was in the career advisors office on year 12 and we discussed type of work I’d like to do and the subjects I like.Â Which were with my hands and sciencey subjects and maths!!! She suggested dentistry.. .And here I am!!
- What is the worst part of your day?
The worst part of my day is traffic and waking up!!!!
- What gives you the biggest buzz about your work?
I love seeing people smiles and faces change… Gorgeous!!
- Looking back if you could give your 13 year old self one piece of advice what would you say?
I’d tell myself to not worry too much about the future or about anything, to work harder in high school and to stop dressing like a gangster!!
- Current fave band and why? Love Justin Bieber!!!! Because he’s amazing!!